Monday, October 22, 2012

Welcome

Hello everyone. Welcome to the ‘76er. This blog is about America’s past, present and possible future. About politics and its effects on our nation. About the people of this country, and their place in it. I’ll hopefully be updating this blog regularly (once or twice a week). This site will cover current events as well as singular topics, such as: Does the Two Party System really work, Separation of Church and State and America’s role in the world community. I’m excited to jump right in and hope that you, as readers, will take an active role in giving feedback as well as your opinion on the various subjects that’ll be covered.
I would like to point out, if you didn’t read the “About” section of this blog. I, the writer, am not hiding the fact that I am a conservative. I am very conservative, far right, and Christian. I say this out loud so I can’t be accused of putting a slant on a “fair and balanced” message and then acting like I don’t know what you’re talking about. This blog will be from my viewpoint; however I am one of those individuals that is “addicted to truth”. I’m not in the business of trying to sell my opinions. I will gladly give my opinion on any given matter. However, I do my utmost to present verifiable facts to you and those around me and then allow the listeners to draw their own conclusions. I by no means and through no stretch of the imagination think or claim to know everything about what I discuss or that I am always right. But I am passionate enough to learn as much as I can about the subject I talk about.
This blog will not be a site of debate. I’m not trying to avoid discussion or dialogue with you. I very much enjoy debating and a range of subjects and am not afraid to stand up for my position. However, I am a father with a full-time job, and this blog isn’t my life. It would take a huge amount of time I don’t have to dissect and discuss with all of you about every subject. I do value your opinion and ask that you leave feedback about the subjects and comment as much as you can.
Also, I am not a politically correct person. I believe the politically correct vibe in this time is destroying this country. I will not be rude, and nothing I say is done so out of hatred or with the intent of being insulting. However, I will probably say things that can and will upset people and possibly hurt, but they are not said TO hurt people. There’s a big difference there.
Most importantly, don’t take my word for it. Whatever I say or report, don’t take my word for it. Fact check it. If I’m wrong I want to know. I’m also a big believer in doing your own research. So get up and read and watch and learn for yourselves. I feel so many people these days either eat up what the main stream media shovels out or just think that their opinion with suffice as facts. I beg you, dig for the facts.
So, with all this being said I welcome you and thank you for your interest in this blog. I hope you all enjoy and please spread the word if you like it. Thank you all, and God bless you.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment